Summer is the perfect time to get out and enjoy some one on one time with your honey! The longer, warm nights make for a great backdrop for many of these dates. Whether you’re married or newly dating, here are 16 of my favourite ideas for going on amazing dates this summer.
- Set up a campfire somewhere (legally of course! If there is a fire ban, there are lots of propane firepit options available) and roast up some S’mores! This is the ideal opportunity to get cuddled up and cozy together.
- Have a picnic at your favourite park. Or, if you have a portable BBQ, have a cookout right at the park! This is great to do right at the lake too. If it’s still warm enough you can jump in for a quick swim to cool off.
- Go for a hike! Here in the Fraser Valley we have SO many options for hiking. You can find hikes for beginners to advanced hikers. It’s a great way to get out and have some fun and explore our own backyard!
- Go Food Truck hopping for supper! Many cities host their own food truck festivals. Or, you could head for a night out in Vancouver and try many different cuisines there.
- See a Drive in Movie. There’s something about being cuddled up with your sweetie watching a movie under the stars. If you can borrow a truck, you can make a comfy bed with blankets and pillows in the truck bed. Or if you’re a married with kids couple, put the back seats down in your van and make a cozy place to cuddle there.
- Fly a Kite together. How fun would it be on a nice breezy day to pick up a kite and go fly it at the beach? Crescent Beach is a great place for kite flying, but really any park will do if it’s windy enough.
- Go on a wine tasting tour. The Fraser Valley actually has some really amazing wineries to visit. Make a whole afternoon out of it and hit up a couple wineries. Some of the wineries even have a restaurant on site, so you can finish up the day with a nice dinner out.
- Go canoeing or kayaking. There are loads of lakes around here you can get out on! If you’re really adventurous, you can even try something like Stand-Up paddle boarding.
- Go see a baseball game (or other outdoor sporting event). This is one of my husband and I’s favourite summer outings! We try to get to a baseball game in Seattle every summer. We go early, spend a bit of time in Seattle, then catch the game. The atmosphere is so much fun (especially if you go when the Blue Jays are in town)
- Go out for ice cream or gelato! Be daring and try some new flavours. You made fine your new favourite!
- Go for a bike ride. Explore some new trails that you’ve never been to before. Be sure to take lots of breaks to snap some pictures.
- Play a game at the local park. There are so many options! You can play frisbee, catch, bocce ball, badminton or pretty much anything else you want.
- Hit up a fair. I love going to the fair! I am not a big ride person, but I love walking around and watching people. I also love the vendors that are at a lot of the local fairs. Many fairs also have concerts or fireworks in the evening which is a great way to finish up the day together.
- Happy Hour on a patio… need I say more?!?
- Beer tasting! In addition to many wineries in the area, there are also some fantastic microbreweries! Take the day to visit a couple and find your favourite local brew.
- Be a kid again for a while and go mini-golfing! You’re never to old to mini-golf.
Many of these dates don’t even cost a lot of money if you’re being budget conscious this summer. It’s an awesome time to get out, enjoy the outdoors and catch up with your significant other. Happy Summer Dating!