I don’t know about you, but I love buying gifts for people. I love finding that unique, special gift that suits the person, or in this case couple, perfectly. This can be a lot of hard work though. So, I’m hoping to help you find that unique gift for the next wedding you are going to! Here are some ideas.
- Meal delivery service or couples cooking class
- Anything DIY (blanket, wood sign with wedding date or quote etc)
- Monetary gift towards Honeymoon Fund
- Gift baskets (1 year of dates in a box, kitchen gift basket, dessert gift basket, wine gift basket)
- Engraved cutting board
- Monogramed things (mugs, pillows, wine glasses, shot glasses etc)
- Camping things (for outdoorsy people in your life)
- Personalized “First Married Christmas” ornament with the year of marriage on it
Make sure you know the bride and groom and their specific tastes. Obviously, you’re not going to get a tent for a couple who hates camping. Some people really do not want anything other than what is on their registry. When we got married, we asked for money towards our honeymoon and ended up being able to pay a good chunk of our trip to the Dominican with that. Without those gifts, we never would have been able to do that trip. We actually registered at Flight Centre so if people didn’t want to give cash, they could give through Flight Centre.
If you’re into DIY, Pinterest is a great place to look for ideas. You can pretty much find instructions to make anything. If you’re more into paying someone to do the work for you, Etsy is a great place to find those handmade, unique gifts.