With October coming up, there’s a lot going on! October means Thanksgiving, Halloween, corn mazes and pumpkin patch field trips! Here’s a list of things to do in the Fraser Valley this October!
- The Sky’s No Limit at the Abbotsford Airport. According to the website they are “The world’s largest diversity outreach event to inspire female future leaders from shop floor to the top floor in Aviation, Aerospace, Marine & Defense.” Anyone welcome and it’s all FREE!
- 2nd Annual Everything Wine Festival at Sandman Signature Langley Hotel. “The festival will showcase over 100 wines featuring both local BC wineries and international wines, and some delicious food to nibble while you explore. Stop by the pop-up shop when you’re done sipping to purchase your newly discovered favourites!”
- Devan Greenhouse Fall Fair. This is an excellent fall craft fair to attend!
- Oktoberfest at the Trading Post Brewery in Abbotsford. You’re invited to “Join us for a day of music, dancing, games, and of course German food and beer from us, Steel & Oak Brewing and Field House Brewing.”
- Rock the Rink at Abbotsford Centre! “Starring: Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond, Elvis Stojko, Carolina Kostner, Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte, Jeremy Abbott with special musical guest Birds of Bellwoods This event is an ALL AGES show.”
- Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off at Krause Berry Farms. “Please arrive early to Krause Berry Farms for brunch/lunch and enjoy the festivities! It’s Family Day!! Pick your very own pumpkin from their fields while checking out the Giants! Then, visit The Porch, The Market, The Bakery & KB Coral because they are serving everything PUMPKIN! Pumpkin pie, ice cream, waffles, shortcakes, fudge, milkshakes and all of your other fall favourites! Saddle up in their Estate Winery and enjoy a taste of their award-winning wines before heading out for one more look at the winning Giant Pumpkin! Enjoy the show!!”
- Every Girl Matters. “Join us for the 7th annual Every Girl Matters event on Oct.11th at the Reach Gallery. There will be a collaborative community art project, swag bags, refreshments, and more!”
- Fort Langley Cranberry Festival. “This one-day-only event kicks off with a pancake breakfast at 8:30 am. Throughout the day over 100 marketplace vendors line Glover Road displaying their wares, 16 popular food trucks offer something for everyone. There is a schedule of live entertainment and more than 20 teams participate in the Cranberry Festival Regatta. The children’s area, stationed at the Fort Langley Community Hall, includes face painters, balloon artists and the Creative Cube, all providing plenty of fun for the kids.”
- Fort Langley Makers Market. A “Free Outdoor Market featuring 40 vendors, live music and activities.” All at the Fort Langley Historic Site
- Chilliwack Hospice Society’s 16th Annual Moonlight Gala. “a spectacular evening filled with glamour, gourmet dining, fine wines, thrilling entertainment and live and silent auctions. This is the biggest and most important fundraising event of the year for Chilliwack Hospice. With support from the community, we are able to offer our programs and services free of charge to those who need them.”
- Federal Election Day – GO VOTE!!!
- Halloween at Fort Langley. “Bring your kids for some fun Halloween activities. Go on a scavenger hunt, trick-or-treat at the historic buildings, and wear your costumes for great photos.”